September 13, 2008

Procrastination: Lemon Pepper Shrimp

I am a known procrastinator. If there’s something to be done it’s highly unlikely I will do it early. I will find anything I can to pass the time to avoid doing what I should be. Today I should be packing. Instead I just made a big bowl of lemon pepper shrimp. In my defense, I’m also trying to clear everything out of my fridge and freezer because I hate the thought of throwing out food. So really, I could argue that making lemon pepper shrimp was productive because I used up the last of the shrimp and a lemon. It was practically a form of packing. The shrimp was packed away into my stomach for safe keeping.


Procrastination Lemon Pepper Shrimp


~Half a pound of shrimp, (or whatever’s left in the bag)

A knob of butter

~A tsp minced garlic

1 lemon

Salt

Pepper

Smoky paprika

Peel and devein shrimp. Pat dry and season with salt, pepper and smoky paprika. Heat a saucepan over med-high heat and add butter. Once it becomes frothy add the garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook about 1 minutes, flip them over and cook another minute. Squeeze in the lemon juice and grind in some more pepper. Cook just until shrimp are pink throughout.


Technorati Tags:

+ +

21 comments:

Manggy said...

Ah, Brilynn... You know the shrimp isn't "safe" anymore, right? Ha ha ha :)

Peabody said...

I call that packing!

Anita said...

I wish when I procrastinated I got such delicious results as you!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

What a delicious way to pack!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

That's my kind of procrastination!

RecipeGirl said...

Yay, you're finally moving and getting away from crazy guy! I'm not moving, but cleaning out the fridge of the zillion things that are hiding in there sounds like a good idea. And this looks like some good, quick shrimp!

Alexa said...

Great dish and procrastination proof... Awesome.

Chibog in Chief said...

If only I have the same power as you...my procrastination doesnt do wonders like that! That shrimp is so tempting :-)

Helene said...

Looks wonderful! Shrimp season started here and we have been catching them right off the dock...I am so making these tonight!!
Good luck on the move and everything that follows!

Maria said...

I would prefer shrimp over packing any day! Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

I love to pack 'em shrimps in my belly too!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Ah, since when is a tummy for safe keeping, I didn't get any.

Deborah said...

That's my kind of packing!!

Sandie said...

If your procrastination brings on dishes like this, then by all mean, procrastinate away! ;-)

(I love shrimp...think I could *almost* live on it!)

Vera said...

These look delicious! Great packing :)

ChichaJo said...

I definitely say that was a brilliant use of time...and lemon and shrimp :) Sounds yummy! I'm going to try adding lemon the next time I make gambas...

Shari said...

That shrimp looks delicious! Cooking is more fun than packing! I missed where you're moving to. I'm sure your blog is moving with you, I hope. I've been lingering here playing some of your songs. Love that Nine Inch Nails song! Good luck with the rest of your packing.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Oh, sweetie! I know, I'm the same. ;)

Joao would go crazy over these. He's shrimp maniac, you know.

Elle said...

All results of procrastinating should be this delicious!

SteamyKitchen said...

OMG i love this photo! I haven't been by in a while and it's good to catch up on what you've been up to!

Anonymous said...

You have just made a new friend. My boyfriend's father asked me how to make one of my signature dishes, and I emailed him back directions, complete with "a knob of butter" and "a thimble of smoked paprika". He asked me how long I had been living in the 1500's.

Sometimes butter SHOULD be measured in 'knobs'! I support you entirely in this endeavour.