October 14, 2006

Make Mine A Double

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Meeta of What’s For Lunch Honey? is awfully busy this month, hosting both the Monthly Mingle and Mixology Monday. Since I got my risotto dish done in time for the Monthly Mingle I figured I could also mix up a drink for Mixology Monday. The theme is Exotic Cocktails and with the snow currently swirling outside my window, I would like nothing more than to be lying on a hot beach with my toes in the sand, leisurely sipping an exotic cocktail. Well, since that’s not happening, the best I can do is to turn the fire place up high and down a few cocktails anyways.

I didn’t invent this drink, I don’t know who did and I don’t know if it has an official name. All I know is that it’s very good, easy to make and that I have opted to call it a Juba, a combination of Jamaica and Cuba. I suppose I could also have called it a Cubaica or a Jamba or a Cumaica, but I didn’t, I called it a Juba. The name stays. The recipe is as follows:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Fill a glass with crushed ice, add 1 shot of dark Cuban rum, (or 2…) fill the rest of the glass with Jamaican gingerbeer and top with a squeeze of lime. Sugar rim, yellow umbrella and lime slice are optional. Repeat as necessary.

Cheers!


Technorati Tags:
+ + +

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really fun drink, make mine a double as well :)!!

Rachel said...

Yummy yummy!

Anonymous said...

Ginger bear... The stronger the better!

I love the spiciness of the ginger...

Anonymous said...

Hi Brilyn! Yay! You have a new blog site! Now I can leave messages, unlike the other one!

wheresmymind said...

Yellow umbrellas are so not optional!!

FH said...

I love the Umbrellas!! Very cute!!:)) Your cocktail sounds good!!Have fun with double!!:))

Anna (Morsels and Musings) said...

i'm with wheresmymind, umbrellas are not optional at all.

Anonymous said...

Omg, yum. I love the sound of this drink. It's the cocktail of choice on Saturday.

MC said...

Wow - a second Mixology Monday with Ginger Beer and Rum! Is this the new black? I've never even had ginger beer, but this recipe sounds yummy and just perfect for autumn.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite combos--rum and ginger beer. The sugar-rimmed glass is a beautiful touch, as is the umbrella.