September 12, 2006

And It's Off!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A few weeks ago I found out about the Blogging By Mail project, this round organised by Stephanie from The Happy Sorceress. The rules are simple:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Food bloggers from all over the world swap treats, baked good, recipes and more, sending a care package to a new friend. Cookies, cakes, jellies, breads, candies, teas and coffees, music, cookbooks, photos... Everyone who joins in will be given a swap partner to whom they'll send a package and you can fill your package with whatever you want to share.

I wanted the package that I sent to represent some things that are typically Canadian, some things that are local and some things that are just my personal favourites. Here’s a little sneak preview into some of the things in the package that I’ve sent off:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On the left is Smoked Paprika. I love this stuff, you can use it on everything from meat rubs to deviled eggs. On the right is a salt bowl that I made on the lathe out of a piece of mahogany and then inscribed with the blogger’s initials. I had initially wanted to make a lot of my own food items but was worried about how they would ship. I still wanted my blogger to get something homemade so I made the salt bowl, (I use it for coarse salt, but really you could use it for whatever you want). Anyways, there are a bunch of other little goodies in the package but I don’t want to spoil the surprise for anyone. Now I just have to sit back and wait anxiously for my package to arrive from some unknown location. I currently have the patience of a two year old.


Technorati Tags:
+ + +

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love smoked paprika!

I've even added it to chocolate; it was surprisingly good.

wheresmymind said...

What a great idea...though I couldn't ship live lobsters from Boston ;)

Brilynn said...

Now that's not true! I once won an Alexander Keith's contest and they shipped me live lobster from Nova Scotia!