I'm not the only one who thinks cookies are the solution to all problems. Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode with the black and white cookies? Jerry really sums it up best when he says:
"The thing about eating the Black and White cookie, Elaine, is you want to get some black and some white in each bite. Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate And yet somehow racial harmony eludes us. If people would only look to the cookie all our problems would be solved"
Valuable life advice- Look to the cookie!
Chocolate Chip Cookies a la Anna Olson, (via Foodnetwork.ca)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.