Recently the wonderful people at Vita-Mix offered to let me try one out and I jumped at the chance. I love kitchen toys and this is a particularly awesome one. After playing around with it for a while, (and pretty much throwing everything in my fridge and cupboard into the canister just to watch it blend) I decided it was selfish of me to keep something so great all to myself. But I didn’t want to give it up though either. So I asked Vita-Mix if they would be willing to give away another blender to one of my readers. They graciously agreed and there you have it.
I’m not the only one who thinks highly of Vita-Mix. Michael Ruhlman lists their blender as one of his favourite kitchen gadgets, (besides his hands that is). And I could give you a list of all the things you can do with your Vita-Mix, but we’d be here forever.
Here are a few random suggestions:
- Grind your own almonds and then proceed to make Almond and Lemon Macarons.
- Whip up a homemade prune and Armagnac bbq sauce and then smother it on ribs.
- Whir together some cream, sugar and frozen fruit and you’ve got soft serve ice cream, freeze it a little longer if you want to be able to scoop it.
- Smoothies, smoothies, smoothies.
- Soup! You can make hot soup, from raw ingredients in about 5 minutes. And the texture is out of this world, super smooth.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Want a chance to win? There are lots of ways:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me your favourite Spring recipe.
- Twitter about the giveaway, linking to this post and leave me another comment to let me know. Or follow me on Twitter! @jumboempanadas
- Post about the giveaway on Facebook, linking to this post and leave me another comment to let me know.
- Post about the giveaway on your own blog, linking to this post and leave me another comment to let me know.