June 18, 2007

Dark and Mysterious


Lobster makes me happy. When lobster is on sale, it makes me really happy. If this dish says anything, it’s that I was really happy this week. You would be too if you had squid ink pasta dressed in a truffle vinaigrette with generous chunks of lobster. To make it even better, the pasta was boiled with the lobster shells to give it extra lobster flavour. You can never have too much lobster. Sweet, sweet pinchy. I think the black pasta adds huge visual appeal to the dish. I mean, lobster is good no matter what you pair it with and regular pasta would have been just fine, but black pasta made it more fun to eat. Eating should always be fun. I assure you, it is for me.



This is also my submission for Presto Pasta Night hosted by Ruth of Once Upon A Feast. I’ve been meaning to participate for quite a while now, but none of my other pasta dishes compared to this one so I didn’t bother. And wouldn’t you know it, this one is simple to prepare too!


Truffle Vinaigrette


Juice of half a lemon

Juice of half a lime

1 ½ T good olive oil

3 T truffle oil

Salt and pepper



Technorati Tags:

+

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where oh where did you get that gorgeous squid ink pasta???

Janet said...

That is the stangest looking meal I've ever seen :-).... looking at it, you would expect it to taste like black licorice! I've never seen black pasta before...it's intriguing.

Rachel said...

It looks beautiful! I love that kind of pasta.

Anonymous said...

ohyess, yeppers, affirmative, ROGER! that looks fabulous. so cruel to taunt us all. pinchy i like it :)

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

The color contrast is so dramatic -- what a fun dish!

K and S said...

Wow squid ink pasta...did your teeth turn blackish while eating? (I usually hate that part...) but your lobster and truffle toppings sound wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Brilliantly simple and wonderfully beautiful! I love it!

Christy said...

The lobster has my mouth watering, the squid ink pasta (as I have never tasted, or even been in a situation in which I could) has me intrigued to say the least.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd...I think I may have just ruined my keyboard drooling on it. What an absolutely decadent meal! :D

Truffle said...

I love squid ink pasta, adore truffle oil and who wouldn't want a chunk of lobster? This is definitely my sort of dish!

Unknown said...

Ooh what a colour on that pasta - looks intriguing but would taste ordinary ? I guess

Anonymous said...

That does look like quite a dramatic meal, but I'm a bit unsold on the truffle oil. You might want to read this article - http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/16/dining/16truf.html?ex=1336968000&en=1f35ed4e1a199e88&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

wheresmymind said...

I think it's pretty funny we both posted lobster posts yesterday :)

Anonymous said...

You had me at lobster!

S said...

boiling the pasta with the shells????? just when i thought you couldn't top yourself, look what you go and do!

Lis said...

Sounds wonderful - looks even better!

xoxo

Cheryl said...

Wow, what a dish. What does squid ink pasta taste like?

Deborah Dowd said...

This is so dramatic and elegant looking! However, I can't imagine I can find any squid ink pasta here in Newport News, Virginia!!

Peabody said...

Lobster on sale? I wish! I love the look of squid ink pasta but not so much the taste.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow the contrast between the pink lobster and black pasta is stunning. Now I know what to make with the bottle of truffle oil in my fridge.

Anonymous said...

Very intresting! Looks yummy!

Maggie said...

I've never seen a meal like that in my life before!

jasmine said...

This looks so amazing. I've never had squid ink pasta, but I've wanted to try some ever since I heard about it...

j

Amrita said...

I really reallY LOVE the contrast of squid ink pasta with other ingredients!!

Ruth Daniels said...

That is one awesome dish and definitely worth the wait! Thanks so much for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. Check for the roundup tomorrow.

SteamyKitchen said...

Dark, mysterious and SEXY pasta!

emily said...

That is so beautiful. I've never had squid ink pasta, just read about it, but that is really amazing-looking.

Anonymous said...

so beautiful :) couldn't eat any of it, being kosher and all, but amazingly gorgeous :)

Kirsten said...

I LOVE black squid ink pasta!!! Delicious!!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! It looks like something you'd eat in a restaurant, not at home.