February 22, 2007

Would You Sponsor Someone Who Makes Cake Like This?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


With a name like Chocolate Intensity Cake, it had better be good and this cake certainly lived up to the expectations. It’s rich and chocolaty with a subtle coffee flavour, which I enjoyed. I don’t actually drink coffee, but I like coffee flavoured desserts. Go figure. The only drawback about this cake was the whole brown on brown look. Brown just doesn’t photograph very well, so I thought I’d add some pizzazz with a raspberry coulee. The coulee itself was simple to make, (thanks Dorie) but the photographing was another story. For some reason red turned out to be harder to photograph than brown and I have no idea why. I kept getting a garish shade of red that didn’t reflect the lovely raspberry colour I saw before me. I guess until I learn how to be a better photographer, that’s what Photoshop is for…


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I don’t know what else you can say about a flourless chocolate cake, they’re full of ooey gooey goodness and aren’t hard to make either. I suppose I should tell you that the reason I made this cake was because it was the monthly venture for… uh, I’m not sure if we have a name yet… it might be the Daring Bakers, but it could also be Team Tasty, or possibly something completely different. Whatever you want to call us, there are 10 bloggers who made this cake and who are posting about it today. You can see the other results, (maybe not yet, but sometime today) here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Next month will be a new project, although I have no idea yet what that will be, our decision making process is somewhat slow. In the meantime, I’ve got a question for you and am open to any answer you’d like to give me. Since baking/cooking is not a viable source of income for me what should I be doing to earn a living and survive happily? I haven’t figured it out yet, but maybe you have, so enlighten me, please. As always, if you’d like to be my life sponsor, I would be ok with that, (and I would bake you cake!).



Technorati Tags:

+ +

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just beautiful, Brilynn! I wish I could have the whole thing in front of me right now and I'd eat it all. And if anyone tried to take it from me I'd stab them with a fork.

It's mine. All mine!!!

K and S said...

beautiful cake!

Alpineberry Mary said...

Ah, it's still Thursday here in California so I haven't posted mine yet. Yours turned out great Brilynn! Chocolate, coffee and raspberry - oh my!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Well duh, raspberry, why didn't I think of that!
How very perfect but then you are an artist. Beautiful job.

Peabody said...

What you need is a Sugar Daddy. :)

Lis said...

I love your addition of the raspberry!! I was going to add orange to the glaze, but chickened out at the last minute. I don't think your pictures turned out bad at all.. they all left me drooling all over my keyboard!

I'll have to think about your next career.. although I'm thinking something to do with funny greeting cards...

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

A beautiful cake! The red adds real pizazz. Chocolate and coffee is my favorite combination.

Anonymous said...

What a great chocolaty cake. It is chocolate day around you girls!

Anonymous said...

Oh chocolate & raspberry, what a combination, a favorite here for sure. Your cake looks divine!

s'kat said...

The raspberry looks just divine on that cake! The perfect foil for that dark chocolatey richness.

Helene said...

That topping must be heaven with the cake! and I am with Peabosy: get thee a sugar daddy!

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Brilynn trust you to do something different that raspberry topping is just perfect. I'd fight Ivonne with a fork for this cake LOL!

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious, Brilynn.

I have a special treat for you, I just read it and remembered your Dorie obsession, check it out here. There´s even a second part coming up next week. Oh and Dorie has a blog, did you know that?

Shah cooks said...

Thanks Brillyn, Ur card was awesome. Now i think i have decided what i am going to make. the coconut coffee cupcakes.. i will let u know after the weekend!

Mishmash ! said...

The cake looks just divine!!

Shn

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cake, Bri - nice touch with the raspberry coulis!

Career: PR manager for Dorie!

Seriously though - do you have any other hobbies that might transform over to career opportunities?

Jenny said...

Wow!
Amazing how the raspberry totally changes the look of the cake!
Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Seeing this cake everywhere is giving me a SERIOUS chocolate craving. Aah!

As for what to do for a living, gosh, that's a hard call. I guess you just have to find something you don't mind doing, bonus points if you actually get some enjoyment out of it. Think about your hobbies, about the things you've always wanted to try and never did, who knows what you might come up with?


Ari (Baking and Books)

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful cake!

I agree with Peabody... get a Sugar Daddy...then call up Dorie and see if she needs someone on her team. You have convinced me to buy some of her cookbooks (after swearing off buying anymore cookbooks) and to try many of her recipes!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like the perfect combination of chocolate and raspberry!

Anonymous said...

nice job, Brylinn! your photo looks great too!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Chocolate and raspberry are one of those simply perfect combinations. Looks great!

Elle said...

Raspberry is such a perfect touch. Red can indeed be a bitch to photograph, but your cake is just right.

Run a Dorie fanclub and charge for entry. No one is more qualified than you.

Sugar Daddy would be a second place choice, if not third, fourth, tenth, hundreth...

Anonymous said...

There are few flavour combinations better than raspberry and chocolate. It's the perfect blend of bitter, tart, and sweet. Your cake looks divine regardless of how you may feel about your photos.

Gattina Cheung said...

Comic columnist? :D
You dressed up the cake beautifully! My camera can't take any good pic if there's too much sheen.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Raspberries and chocolate, positively seductive combination! :) Your cake looks great!

Anonymous said...

Brilynn - this looks DEADLY. Good call with the coulis, and personally I think it looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Here's how to make delicious chocolate covered strawberries. First of all ensure that the strawberries you are intending to use are dry, then allow them to be room temperature warm prior to making them. After the strawberries have been covered in chocolate, put them in your refrigerator to cool, but do not store them in the fridge. Consume within 1-2 days.