August 06, 2006

And So It Begins...

I’m not going to lie, I used to think that people who wrote blogs were a little weird, maybe a lot weird. And since I don’t like being wrong, I will continue to think that, with one addition- “people who write blogs are weird*”. The asterisk is the important part, it lets me add important information like: *Except for people who have interesting things to say, like me. Do I actually have interesting things to say? A conversation with Len convinced me that I do, and even if I don’t, I can fake it and my blog will still be more interesting than most peoples.
Anyways, back to the birth of the blog… 4 years ago, at the outset of my University education, I realized that it probably wouldn’t get me anywhere. Today, I can confirm that. Therefore, it was with no job and no prospects that I was complaining about how I needed something to do, something that would make me money, something that I didn’t hate. I like to cook, I like to eat. I like to read about other people who like to cook and eat. I had just read about a woman who also liked to cook and eat who had undertaken a yearlong project to recreate every recipe in Julia Childs’ cookbook The Art of Mastering French Cooking. Along the way she wrote a blog about it which led to a book deal. The book deal led to the end of her working as a secretary. Len deemed this to be my ticket to success as well. Cook, eat, write about it. Clearly, it’s just that easy. And so my blog begins…

No comments: